Two-Factor Authentication, or 2FA, is an extra layer of security for your account that goes beyond an email and password login. This allows you to further protect your account from a compromise.
This guide covers the 2FA process for the MCProHosting Billing client area.
To enable 2-Factor Authentication, follow these steps:
- Begin by logging into your MCProHosting Billing client area.
- Once logged in, at the top-right click Hello, <yourname>! and then click Security Settings.
- In Security Settings under Two-Factor Authentication click the button Click here to Enable.
- Click GET STARTED to begin the Two-Factor Authentication setup.
- A QR Code/Secret Key will appear. Scan the QR Code or manually input the secret key within an authenticator addon/app.
- You will now be asked to verify the setup. Grab the security code generated by your authenticator addon/app and enter that code.
- Click Confirm to confirm that code and finish enabling two-factor authentication(2FA).
You have now successfully enabled two-factor authentication on your Billing client area account!