Disabling online mode on a Minecraft server allows players in offline mode (sometimes known as cracked clients) to join a server. We do not endorse the use of these cracked clients as they can be highly unsafe for both the user and the server. Alternatively, you may need to do this to allow BungeeCord servers to connect.
WARNING: Before disabling online-mode!:
● Disabling online mode means that your server will no longer use Mojang's authentification for Minecraft accounts. This means that players using cracked Minecraft clients can join your server. Through using such clients, players can set their username to any username when joining your server. *This can also cause issues when banning players, as a player can re-join under a different username if banned.
● If you use Minecraft plugins or mods, any plugins or mods that save player data may experience player data resets when changing from online mode to offline mode.
● If you're enabling BungeeCord, ensure
bungeecord is set to
true in your
To disable online mode on your server:
1. Log in to your server's control panel and stop your server.
2. On the left side click Configuration Files.
3. In the Configuration Files area, click Edit File next to the server.properties file.
4. In the server.properties file, locate the Online Mode setting. Set this to False or "Offline".
5. Afterward, click Save Changes to confirm those changes.
6. Exit back to your control panel and start your server.
Your server will now successfully load in offline mode!
Need assistance adjusting this setting? Contact LiveChat or submit a ticket to General Support for help!