A server icon is the image that appears next to your server when added to a player's Minecraft Multiplayer area. This helps to express your server and give it its own flair!
Server Icon requirements:
- 64 x 64 pixels in size
- Image is in .png format
- Image is named exactly as server-icon.png
Making the Server Icon:
1. You will need to prepare an image or have created a Minecraft server icon.
2. Using an image resizing website, resize the image to 64 x 64 pixels. You can use this website to resize images: https://onlinepngtools.com/resize-png
a. Using onlinepngtools to resize your icon, uncheck Preserve Ratio and then set the Width and Height to 64 and 64.
b. You can now click Import from File on the left side and select the server icon you wish to use.
c. The image will automatically resize on the right side and you can click Save as... to save the resized image.
d. Ensure you save this image as server-icon.png.
To add a server icon to your server:
1. Go on your server's control panel and stop your server.
2. On the left side of your control panel, click FTP File Access to open your server's webFTP.
3. In your server's webFTP, at the top click Upload File(s).
4. Locate, select, and upload the server-icon.png image you created/resized. Allow that file to fully upload.
5. Once uploaded, check to verify that the file is named server-icon.png. You can check the box name to the file and click Rename to rename the file if needed.
6. Once done, exit your webFTP and then start your server.
Your server icon will now load in the Multiplayer area of Minecraft when adding your server!
Experiencing issues adding a server icon? You can submit a ticket to our General Support team for help!